Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Eat a PBJ and ministry to the homeless!


Tonight Wooster Grace sought to spread some Christmas Joy by hosting a Smucker Taste Panel.  Smucker's is donating all the proceeds from this event to the Haven of Rest Homeless Shelter for their Children's Christmas Program.  One hundred and ninety-two people from our church participated.  Children and students from ages 8-17 along with Adults ages 18-65 were part of the taste testing.

One of our attendees, Janese Woodward, gave me the final numbers. 192 people completed the taste panel. What a great event!  I enjoyed tasting peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a great cause. I even have my lunch for tomorrow... BONUS!


The Haven of Rest Ministries is a great ministry.  As their website states, The Haven of Rest is a faith based rescue mission, serving as a light to the homeless community in and around the Akron Ohio area by offering food, shelter, safety, drug rehabilitation, and most of all hope to those most in need. Wooster Grace raised $3600 to help with the Children's Christmas Program at Haven of Rest Ministries.


As Matthew 25:35 states, "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in."  I prasie God for our commitment to help those in need in a fun, unique way.  Way to go Wooster Grace!